Associate Director, Client Services
Remote, Full-Time Position
The Associate Director of Client Services at DBE is a management team role, reporting directly to the president.
This role is responsible for working with the DBE’s marketing analytics, search engine, and social media marketing teams to strategize on behalf of our clients, gain agreement on quantifiable goals, and ensure DBE meets/exceeds those goals for clients on an ongoing basis through the expert work of our specialist teams.
Through delivering excellence with on-time, on budget, brand-aligned solutions, this role spearheads our agency’s health in terms of: client retention and growth; agency profits; and development and retention of our talent.
In addition to directly managing the interactions with our search engine and social media marketing clients, this role manages our growing, in-house team of client relationship managers.
This role requires someone who is a strong individual contributor who thrives as part of an integrated team. DBE produces a great deal of content for our clients and this role shares responsibility for quality assurance with the leads of the specialist departments. Strong editing, analytic thinking, and proofing skills are a must.
As a specialized boutique agency focused on marketing analytics, search engine marketing, and social media marketing, we typically have 12-15 retainer clients and 1-3 project clients which, as they move through our structured, 4-phase process, may become retainer clients. DBE’s clients are typically middle market and F500 brands.
- Leading/Facilitating strategy development for clients with other team leads
- Structuring and leading client meetings and other client communications
- Building relationships with key client contacts
- Proactively initiating new ideas for analytics, search engine, and/or social media marketing for clients, working through ideas initiated by you and others, and pitching winning ideas to clients for their approval
- Continuously refining the look, feel, and flow of the agency’s deliverables and their presentation to clients
- Quality Assurance on all deliverables: proofreading/editing, information flow, 360° thinking, presentations, etc.
- Managing workflow from a strategic perspective (details managed through others)
- Checking resource calculations provided by others, preparing estimates, costing projects and ensuring overall client profitability
- Reviewing analysis and applying analytic thinking to data and its presentation to find new opportunities for our clients
- Listening for opportunities to provide new and/or expanded services to existing clients
- While not responsible for generating new agency business, when the agency is pitching new business, this role participates in presentations representing the agency from the client services and strategies perspectives
- 5-7 years of client services project management success in a search engine/social media marketing agency
- 2+ years’ experience managing and developing others
- Ability to problem-solve, analyze data/metrics, and make recommendations to the clients and the internal team based on performance data
- Strong attention to detail, and excellent proofreading, writing, and editing skills.
- Experience with key search engine and social media platforms
- Available when our in-house team is working: 9am – 5pm North American Eastern time zone
- Strong sense of urgency, balanced with delivering with accuracy.
- Being organized, proactive, and thinking in multiple directions (client, team, yourself, other stakeholders) are key to success at DBE
- Adaptive, active, employee-focused management style
- The people who really thrive at DBE are self-propelled, superb individual contributors who love working as part of a team. While we work remotely, we have a strong, welcoming, fun company culture and everyone who has a role here is valued for the part they play.
If this ad has you saying, “That’s me!” please tell us about yourself in an email that top-lines your resume or links to your LinkedIn profile. Be sure to tell us about your digital agency experience and how you’ve delivered wins for your clients through search engine and/or social media marketing. And, without breaching confidentialities, please share examples of results you’ve generated. Send your response to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Associate Director Client Services in the subject line. You must provide all these items to be considered. No phone calls please—if things look good we’ll be talking soon enough.
Working With the DBE Team
DBE is an Omotenashi-driven digital marketing agency that delivers the agency experience every marketer and brand manager dreams of: great results and real partnering. DBE’s clients include well-known brands in consumer, B2B, media/publishing, financial services, tech, healthcare, and pharmaceutical industries. The agency is headquartered in Princeton, NJ though the team works 100% remotely, getting together in-person periodically and when safe to do so.
Now in our 20th year of delivering success with marketing analytics, search engine, and social media marketing, DBE team members enjoy balanced work schedules, optimized workflows, and real camaraderie with each other.
Please note: DBE strives to be as stress free as possible. We are highly selective about the clients with which we engage, seeking those that are B-Corps or subscribe to those principles, with a focus on making the world a better place. We typically work 9-5 ET and while it surprises people in the agency world, we don’t work nights or weekends. That’s part of our commitment to each other: keep it flowing and stress free…and our clients appreciate the benefits this commitment passes on to them.
DBE combines competitive salaries and benefits with a positive, progressive work environment. Benefits include healthcare, dental and 401K, plus charitable donation matching, gym reimbursements, your birthday off, and more. We value and expect commitment, enthusiasm, creative thinking, effectiveness and efficiency. In return, you can expect to be respected, appreciated, and provided opportunities for career growth and the rewards that come with it.
DBE is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. We don’t say that because we must; we say it because it’s true.