Client Experiences Team Lead
Remote, Full-Time Position
The Client Experiences Team Lead (CETL) is a management team role within DBE. This role has the primary responsibility of ensuring clients’ goals are realistic and agreed to by agency and client; that client expectations are set appropriately; and that the agency meets the quantitative and qualitative expectations of our clients. The role is also responsible for working with other team leads to ensure we are delivering for our clients while maintaining agency health (profits, talent retention, client retention).
This role will also include directing and managing the outputs created by our external organic social media resources. Currently most of that work is performed by a strategic partner agency with support from an in-house staffer. The evolution of the responsibilities related to organic social may rollup into another management position in the future as our organic/content work increases. For now, the CETL will be responsible for directing/managing this work too.
The CETL is a lynchpin role that works with all other areas of the agency, providing direct leadership to the client experience and social media teams and providing leadership and support to other team leads and their team members.
The role requires an individual with a unique set of strengths. A leadership style that fosters individual contributions and growth in tandem with teamwork is key, as are client strategy development, innovation, creativity, problem solving, critical/analytic thinking, and relationship building.
The CETL is responsible for helping ensure optimal experiences for DBE clients so they value the results DBE generates, extend and renew their contracts, and refer the agency to others.
During onboarding, this role will provide strategic and day-to-day support to the VP of Client Strategies who is currently providing oversight and support as the head of client experiences. Time will be invested learning about each of our clients, their specific goals, the services we’re providing, and performance improvements we’re driving for.
As a specialized boutique agency focused on marketing analytics, search engine marketing, and social media marketing, we typically have 12-15 retainer clients and perhaps 1-3 project clients which, as they move through our structured, 4-phase process, may become retainer clients. DBE’s clients are typically middle market-F500 brands.
Once up to speed (after first 90 days), the CETL will work with the VP of Client Strategies to shift to focus of their role to higher level client strategies, analytics overviews, and SEO so that the CETL will become the key strategic client contact for the agencies clients, with support on day-to-day responsibilities coming from the other team members.
This role advocates for the agency with the clients and for the clients with other members of the agency team. In addition to the characteristics that exemplify all DBE team members, the ability to represent the agency to clients and clients to the other agency team members with the intention of excellence in all directions is key to success.
- Leading/Facilitating strategy development for clients with other team leads
- Structuring and leading client meetings
- Building relationships with key client contacts
- Proactively initiating new ideas for analytics, search engine, and/or social media marketing for clients, working through ideas initiated by others, and pitching winning ideas to clients for their approval
- Ensuring quality outputs for organic social media content creation, posting, monitoring, and analysis
- Through in-house team
- Through external contractors and agencies
- Continuously refining the look, feel, and flow of the agency’s deliverables and their presentation to clients
- Quality Assurance on all deliverables: proofreading/editing, information flow, 360° thinking, and presentation, etc.
- Managing workflow from strategic perspective (details managed through others)
- Checking resource calculations provided by others, preparing estimates, costing projects and ensuring overall client profitability
- Analyzing results of clients’ programs/campaigns and working with others to identify opportunities for improvements and new initiatives
- While not responsible for generating new agency business, when the agency is pitching new business, the CETL participates in presentations representing the client experiences department and the agency
- 5+ years of client services project management success in a digital agency environment.
- Ability to problem-solve, analyze data/metrics, and make recommendations to the client and team based on performance data.
- Strong attention to detail, and excellent proofreading, writing, and editing skills.
- Knowledge of key social media platforms from marketing/business perspectives.
- Available when our core team is working: 9am – 5pm North American Eastern time zone.
- Strong sense of urgency, balanced with delivering with accuracy.
- Being organized, proactive, and thinking in multiple directions (client, team, yourself, other stakeholders) are key to success at DBE.
- Demonstrated experience managing as part of a team. Having had direct reports is a plus.
- The people who really thrive at DBE are self-propelled, superb individual contributors who love working as part of a team. While we work remotely, we have a strong, welcoming, fun company culture and everyone who has a role here is valued for the part they play.
If this ad has you saying, “That’s me!” please tell us about yourself in an email that top-lines your resume or links to your LinkedIn profile. Be sure to tell us about your digital agency experience and how you’ve delivered wins for your clients through search engine and/or social media marketing. And, without breaching confidentialities, please share examples of results you’ve generated. Send it all to: email@example.com with Client Experiences Team Lead in the subject line. You must provide all these items to be considered. No phone calls please—if things look good we’ll be talking soon enough.
Working With the DBE Team
DBE is an Omotenashi-driven digital marketing agency that delivers the agency experience every marketer and brand manager dreams of: great results and real partnering. DBE’s clients include well-known brands in consumer, B2B, media/publishing, financial services, tech, healthcare, and pharmaceutical industries. The agency is headquartered in Princeton, NJ though the team works 100% remotely.
Now in our 20th year of delivering success with marketing analytics, search engine, and social media marketing, DBE team members enjoy balanced work schedules, optimized workflows, and real camaraderie with each other.
DBE combines competitive salaries and benefits with a positive, progressive work environment. Benefits include healthcare, dental and 401K, plus charitable donation matching, gym reimbursements, your birthday off, and more. We value and expect commitment, enthusiasm, creative thinking, effectiveness and efficiency. In return, you can expect to be respected, appreciated, and provided opportunities for career growth and the rewards that come with it.
DBE is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. We don’t say that because we must; we say it because it’s true.