Lots to share with you this week on the digital marketing front. Be sure to reach out if you want to talk about any of these topics, their impact on your business, opportunities that are on your horizon, or you know, just to catch up. In the meantime, here’s this week’s e-briefing for digital marketers:
- We saw this about how a teen’s TikTok video accidentally disrupted surveys by the survey platform called Prolific. And then coincidentally, we met someone from a new kind of survey platform for businesses called RAADZ. The basic premise is they use gamification techniques and rewards to survey employees or consumers about what they think others think, rather than asking the respondents what they themselves believe. We are still getting our head around their process and the outcomes, but it’s intriguing so we wanted to share it here.
- This is cool: if your brand has a purpose it wants to communicate in its Bing Ads, now you can. Bing has a new feature enables brands to imbed icons and short phrases (“attributes”) they want associated with them in their ads. Examples of the 32 available attributes include: vegan, cruelty-free, touchless pickup, and minority-owned. There’s more here.
- Would you win a bet if you had to define UX? DBE’s new client UXHires.com, has a wonderful blog post on their site describing what user experience (UX) is—and isn’t.
- Here’s a good oops: Facebook told advertisers in a blog post on Wednesday, September 22, that it under-reported ad performance (including conversions) because of Apple’s iPhone privacy update. So, advertisers got better results than were originally reported. The kind of “uh-oh” you don’t mind hearing.
- Google has rolled out more advertising features for travel and leisure businesses. These include ticket booking links, eco-certified badges for hotel listings and “things to do” ads for tours, activities, and local attractions.
- Search Engine Watch asks, “Is Google moving towards greater search equity?” in this article exploring potential shifts in SEO ranking algorithms and best practices. The concept of search equity places more importance on content and website topical cohesion and less value on technical execution (think page title tags, header tags, etc.). It’s an interesting read but, no, SEO as we know it today is not dead.
- Remember Google Glass? These smart glasses disappeared back in 2015. But now Facebook, in partnership with Ray-Ran, is launching Ray-Ban Stories with a companion app Facebook Views where recorded content is stored. Privacy issues may stand in the way of mainstream adoption, but we’ll see…
- Wait, wait, one more: U.S. Digital ad spend is on the rebound in comparison to 2020. See which industries have the largest (and smallest) share on digital ad spend in this eMarketer article.
Do Good Spotlight on: HealthLink Dental
We learned about this organization through our association with 100 Women Who Care (Bucks County), a network supporting charities. HealthLink Dental is a free dental clinic serving uninsured, low-wage earning adults and veterans in Bucks and Montgomery Counties in Pennsylvania. We donated and here’s where you can learn more about the good works being performed by HealthLink.
Thanks for spending time with us here–we hope it was a good way to take a break from the rest of your day. Enjoy the rest of your week, make sure to re-charge this weekend!