It’s beginning to look a lot like 2021! Let’s wrap up this year with good energy to take into the new year.
Here are a few stories the team found discussion-worthy this week, let us know what you think:
- Search Engine Watch offers this guide on how to use content marketing to boost ecommerce conversions. Creating a product or service guide is one of the tips, as is creating how-to videos. Here are the rest of them.
- Moz’s Whiteboard Friday last week explored the idea of “tangential content” as a strategy for engaging your audiences in topical threads not directly related to your product, but which are still peripherally relevant. Why would you want to do that? Think SEO links and social shares…
- Here’s a simple infographic from Social Media Today with tips to improve website design.
- There are many reasons CMOs have the shortest average tenures in the C-Suite. Did you know only 26% of CMOs are invited to attend board meetings regularly? That’s according to research from Deloitte. Think with Google shares thoughts on CMO transformation for the next normal.
- Bonus: related slide show.
Do Good Spotlight: Bucks for Kids
I attended a fund raiser held by 100 Women Who Care of Bucks County last week. (Thanks Suzanne Caimi Lynn for telling me about this group.) Each quarter, 100 Women invites 3 not-for-profits to tell their story and then the attendees vote on which 1 receives the cash award, which equates to about $100 per member. This quarter 3 organizations were featured, and Bucks for Kids was the winner. So DBE/Owlthena contributed to this cause via the group, and we loved what we heard so much we made an additional donation. Here’s where you can learn more about this organization and how to help.
That’s a wrap for this week. The team and I hope it’s a smooth slide to the weekend!