Digital marketers, let’s get right to it—here’s this week’s What’s Hot Wednesday just for you:
- As integrated digital marketers, we know the online customer journey is not a linear funnel that takes the old-school awareness/interest/action route. That said, we are still drawn into discussions about where the role and place of various tactics fit in the traditional funnel set. This article “Search Intent and SEO: A Practical Guide” offers a solid reminder that search is an omni-present channel on the customer journey because of its unique intent-based nature.
- Staying with SEO, this Search Engine Watch article examines “The untapped value of qualitative keyword data.” It argues that marketers can be over-reliant on keyword search volume data and not see the opportunities in low-volume keywords. This aligns with DBE’s approach to keyword research that includes search frequency as just one factor in selection and weighs it against other factors like relevancy and competition-cy.
- Quick! Name the World’s 10 Most Valuable Brands. We’ll give you a hint: A, A, M, G, S, C, T, M, M, D. Check out the answers as Marketing Charts shares Interbrand’s list!
- Do you realize your website can technically rank ‘first’ in the organic results, the SERP (aka the classic 10 blue links), but not even be visible? Or that it will take multiple scrolls down the SERP because other search features get in the way? If you haven’t thought about this, now might be a good time to read.
- Have you seen the new LinkedIn Brand Building guides for maximizing marketing on the platform? This article highlights some key elements you may want to check out—and then let’s talk!
Do Good Spotlight: Access Fund
Each time we publish What’s Hot Wednesday, we select a not-for-profit to feature and support with a donation. This week’s recommendation came from DBE’s newest team member, Natalie Lorenzo, who is an avid rock climber. We’re learning a lot about this sport as well as what it takes to keep the natural environments for it healthy, and we donated to Access Fund, an organization dedicated to keeping rock climbing areas safe and thriving. You can learn more about Access Fund here.
I hope the rest of your week goes smoothly. Stay strong, stay focused, stay healthy!