There’s always something new happening in the wonderful world of digital marketing and this week’s stories are the ones we found most interesting:
- This Marketing Land article flips the now-seemingly-old adage “content marketing is king” into “content measuring is king.” It shares how there is growing focus on content analytics as a core component of content efficiency. You had us at “analytics.”
- DBE has generated a lot of SEO success with media and publishing clients, so we are no strangers to Google News. Now Google is rolling out Google News Showcase that will include significant content-licensing payments to news publishers as wells as new “packaged” content panels. Search Engine Land’s story has details here.
- TechCrunch reports on a Pew Research Center study that found roughly 26% percent of US adults say they get news — wait for it — by watching YouTube videos. Flipping it, 23% of YouTube consumers said they “often” get their news from channels affiliated with established news organizations. This TechCrunch piece covers a number of related findings including an analysis of how often news channels mentioned conspiracy theories in their stories. Intrigued enough to read?
- This is good too, it talks about how to value PPC on your brand name. As an added bonus, here’s a related resource from MediaMath.com.
- Business Insider reports that unlike Microsoft, which has offered employees the opportunity to work from home indefinitely, Google believes some positions need to be office based.
Do Good Spotlight: Bayard Rustin Center for Social Justice
We donated again this year to the Bayard Rustin Center for Social Justice, an organization based in Princeton, NJ. It’s all about advocacy, education, safe haven & community activism for LGBTQIA, transgender, immigrant children, youth, & families. You can learn more here.
That’s it for this week. Shout out to all of you keeping it together and continuing to hone your mad marketing skills!