Busy, busy, busy, so let’s jump right into this week’s What’s Hot Wednesday for Digital Marketers:
- There are not 1, not 2, but 3 New LinkedIn Company Page features for marketers:
#1: Download LinkedIn Company Page followers details via follower analytics
#2: Highlight online events via the LinkedIn Company Page events gab
#3: Improve internal communications via the LinkedIn My Company tab
That’s the summary, here’s the rest from Social Media Examiner.
- You know we’re fans of Marketing Charts as a resource but it’s rare for them to have content relevant to SEO, so we had to include this article on common SEO mistakes. The focus is on e-commerce sites, but these SEO issues are by no means restricted to those, so take a look.
- You know our fellow optimizers can go a bit crazy when they suspect Google is updating its ranking algorithm and last week was no different as tracking tools reported larger than usual fluctuations. Bottom line: no definitive consensus on a Google update or its impact on natural search rankings. But you know DBE will share any significant SEO news around algorithm updates when they happen, so stay tuned.
- ClickZ shares a summary and link to an e-book on How To Conduct A Digital Marketing Audit. The authors say, “One of the most important steps in auditing digital marketing performance is understanding how each initiative tracks back to goals.” But 90% of the websites they audited didn’t have website tracking configured properly and 83% of the Google Analytics accounts they audited did not contain “Goals.” This is consistent with DBE’s own findings and we’ve been helping clients reconfigure their Google Analytics programs for optimal performance. So, if you’re thinking of doing a digital marketing audit, start with the analytics end in mind (to paraphrase one of Steven Covey’s Seven Habits).
- Have you checked out Vimeo lately? Here’s a quick and easy read from Business Insider that’s all about this video streaming and editing platform.
Do Good Spotlight: One Love Animal Rescue
This week’s spotlight not-for-profit was suggested by Michelle Perkel. One Love Animal Rescue takes in homeless animals, nurtures them through foster care, and places them in permanent loving homes. How great is that? We donated to help them keep doing what they do best. Here’s how you can learn more and provide support too.
That’s a wrap. We hope you and your family and friends are keeping your spirits up through this one-of-a-kind year. Stay strong and let us know if there’s anything we can help a particular community group that you support by featuring them in our “Do Good” section.