How cool is it that 3 of our team members wanted to share 3 different articles on project management (PM) this week? We couldn’t resist sharing them all. The first two are focused on agile PM. The third is filled with insights from a company that’s been managing huge workflows remotely for 6 years and they share key discoveries with the rest of us. Plus, there are other stories we thought your marketing mind would enjoy.
Here’s your briefing for this week:
- PM Find #1: You’ve probably heard the term “agile marketing” used in context of web development projects and other tactical implementation assignments. This article from Marketing Land puts a new spin on how to leverage agility to accelerate needed change in response to the pandemic. One key takeaway: “Value experimentation over getting it right.”
- PM Find #2: Getting C-Suite buy-in on agile marketing benefits from leading with campaign successes according to Bonnie Crater, CEO of Full Circle Insights, a data and lead management platform. This article from Marketing Land shares benefits and tips for this PM style.
- PM Find #3: Have you heard about GitLab? They’ve mastered both the art and science of remote work over the last 6 years? You will want to read this from the Harvard Business Review. It’s a little heavy, so maybe the perfect read for when you had that first cup of coffee, but haven’t reached your desk yet. It shows how GitLab has reduced the need for video meetings while improving productivity and communications with its global workforce. Nice to get a leg up on remote working from a company so committed to making it work that they’ve got lessons to share.
- Remember last year when retail stores raced to open on their doors on Thanksgiving to give a jolt to the start of holiday shopping season? In another sign of the times, many chain giants have already announced they will be closed on Thanksgiving 2020. Looks like Cyber Monday may now be Cyber Thursday or maybe Cyber Everyday…
- Here’s a quick test if you recall from a recent What’s Hot Wednesday: What do the acronyms ToFu, MoFu, and BoFu stand for? Congrats to those of you who remembered: Top of the Funnel, Middle of the Funnel, and Bottom of the Funnel. Now…on to the next round with this article from Search Engine Watch on the metrics you’ll want to be tracking to show Management how your content marketing efforts are impacting ToFu/MoFu/BoFu.
Do Good Spotlight: Fire Fighters and Others Combatting West Coast Fires
Typically we choose one organization to feature, but this list from the Mercury News caught our attention. If you want to help those fighting the blazes out west, here’s a great list of organizations that are pitching in that you can support.
We chose Meals of Gratitude, which sends meals to firefighters, evacuees and volunteer frontline support. We supported them with a cash donation. Which of these do-gooders will get your support this week?
That’s it for this week’s briefing. Please take care of yourself to stay strong for your family, friends, and co-workers.