Lots in this issue, let’s go!
- Are you familiar with the acronyms NPS and SOV? This Search Engine Watch article talks about seven brand-health metrics (including Net Promoter Score and Share of Voice) marketers should be using to gauge competitive strengths and weaknesses as well as tools and calculations to capture those metrics.
- Did you watch the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Antitrust hearing this week with CEOs from the big 4 tech companies (Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google)? Here is CNET’s take on the proceedings.
- Google is apparently now testing a “for context” section as part of its Top Stories feature in Google News according to this article from Search Engine Roundtable. There are questions about the extent of the test and the likelihood of roll-out but if it does roll out, optimizers will have yet another area of the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) to target.
- Google Says Don’t Focus on “Link Juice” Focus on this Instead. Google’s algorithms are biased towards content that satisfies users. Questions about site category links, site navigation, internal linking, can be answered by filtering them through the lens of how site visitors will react to those category links, site navigation, etc. Good read.
- DBE has been helping several of our clients leverage Google Data Studio. This article by Moz talks about Google Data Studio connectors for SEO. Cool stuff, easy read. If we’re not working with Google Data Studio for your brand, let us know if you’d like to talk about the benefits of incorporating this platform and its smart data visualizations.
Do Good Spotlight: National Disaster Search Dog Foundation
This organization works to strengthen disaster response in the US by rescuing and recruiting dogs and partnering them with first responders to find people buried alive in wreckage. Hero alert! We donated and you can too. You’ll want to learn more, so here’s where to do that.
That’s it for this week. Let us know if there’s something on your digital marketing mind that we can help you talk, walk, or work through. In the meantime, stay focused and stay strong!