There’s lots going on in the wonderful world of digital marketing, so let’s get to it!
- What stories are Google Keyword Search Trends telling from the times of lockdown? This piece from Search Engine Watch shares a lot. Some searches aren’t too surprising: “sourdough recipe,” “puppies,” “hot tubs.” One, “get away with murder” is a little scary, depending on who you’re quarantining with. There’s more, and it’s here.
- eMarketer reports B2B marketers are turning to digital advertising to combat the loss of in-person events, meetings, and traditional sales channels due to the pandemic. In fact, B2B digital advertising is forecast to be up 22.6% vs. 2019. It will be interesting to see how LinkedIn Ads revenue grows this year. DBE is finding these ads to be big producers for our clients. Here’s more from eMarketer.
- As if Zooming isn’t already prolific enough these days, The Verge is reporting that Zoom is coming to Google Nest, Amazon Echo, and Facebook Portal smart displays later this year. Where and/or when will it end?
- We like what the folks at Brandwatch have to say about using your marketing data wisely. It was like listening to Marc Engelsman when he asks our new clients what they’re going to do with the data, because it’s only worth the investment in gathering it if you’ve got big plans for using it. Good thoughts on ensuring your marketing is proactive rather than reactive in this piece from Marketing Tech News.
- Wondering what goes into a successful local marketing campaign? According to this in MarketingLand, best practices focus on these 5 campaign elements: listing management, local SEO, local landing pages, reputation management, paid search, and social media. Here are the details.
Do Good Spotlight: Children’s Specialized Hospital
I belong to a group of positive networkers called The Connective, run by super connector Joe Mindak. Last week he invited executives from Children’s Specialized Hospital to tell us their story, and it’s beautiful. Children’s Specialized is the nation’s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges — from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health. With 13 different New Jersey locations, their pediatric specialists partner with families to make innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective…so children can achieve more of their goals. I really love what they’re doing and so DBE made a donation this week. You can learn more about Children’s Specialized Hospital here. Please consider making a donation.
BONUS Do Good Spotlight: Timely Resources for Helping Others from BankRate
BankRate asked DBE to share a resource they created to help individuals like you who want to support those in need during these unpredictable times. It shows how to support charitable causes with various options, including donating credit card rewards. Here’s where you can learn to use these savvy ideas.
That’s it for this week digital marketers. The DBE team wishes you the best as you continue to navigate through the challenges we’re facing. Stay strong, stay healthy, and stay compassionate—keep bringing your best self to each day and we’ll all keep pushing forward together!