Do you have vacation time coming up as we round the last turn on summer? We hope you’re enjoying these last few weeks before we hit autumn head on! Can you smell the pumpkin spice everythings yet?
Here are a few stories that caught the DBE team’s attention so we’re sharing:
- Instagram Live: Creative Hacks to Get Engaged Viewers. Viewers’ ability to like, comment on, ask questions, and request to join you live on-camera make Instagram Live a great platform to foster and grow community. But the platform’s value isn’t just related to engagement. Natasha Samuel’s suggestion to use Instagram Live video for business is based on her own success with it. She’s found that during enrollment periods, people often enroll in her courses right after she goes live. Natasha believes that Instagram is focusing on live video content and she notes that’s a good reason to make it part of your strategy. Another point in favor of live video is the ability to save it to IGTV for greater longevity—a big plus.
- TOFU? MOFU?? BOFU??? They represent the 3 parts of the content marketing funnel guiding your target audiences through awareness, evaluation and conversion stages. This article includes a good image of the lifecycle funnel as well as 7 metrics to consider for measuring your content marketing ROI.
- Last week we shared news about the launch of Instagram Reels to rival TikTok. Have you tried it yet? NYTimes Tech Fix reporters did, and they were not impressed. Awww ☹ Read their review and if you’ve tried it, do you agree with the NYTimes?
- TechCrunch reported Scribd [not a typo, just another cool tech name spelled weirdly] has acquired SlideShare from LinkedIn for an undisclosed price. The article says Microsoft (remember they now own LinkedIn) approached Scribd which makes us wonder what Microsoft may be working on in the wings….
- New search filters and features including “travel trends” and “travel advisories” from Google help travelers and destinations navigate during the pandemic.
Do Good Spotlight: No Kid Hungry
This week we donated to No Kid Hungry, an organization helping feed America’s youth. When you donate, you join a movement of teachers, chefs, community leaders, parents, lawmakers, and CEOs with a shared belief: no kid in America should go hungry. We donated and you can too, right here.
Enjoy the rest of the week and remember, summer isn’t over until you say it is, so ignore the lure of the pumpkin spice whatevers until you are ready to go all in on autumn!