We hope you’re staying focused, putting your energy where it needs to be to keep yourself and your brand’s marketing on track. Here are a few stories that caught DBE’s attention this week, we hope you enjoy them:
- So, do you think back-to-school spending will be up or down in this crazy year? If you guessed “up,” then you get an A. If you guessed “up” to a new record level estimated to be over $100 billion, then you get an A+. Marketing Charts details what’s driving the increase and where the money is being spent.
- And the survey says? Well, that depends how good you are asking the right questions in the right way. Search Engine Watch offers this column on “Five quick and easy ways to make surveys more effective for content marketing.”
- Here’s an interesting piece on “5 common SEO KPIs you should be ignoring.” We’re sharing this because, even though we don’t fully subscribe to ignoring all these KPI’s, the article does a good job describing the pitfalls of certain data sets (e.g., bounce rate). More importantly, we do subscribe to the overarching principle that you should only be looking at data leading to actionable insights and that data should be selected based on your individual marketing strategy and goals.
- Using these tools: SEMRush, Google Keyword Planner, and Excel will help you understand seasonal search trends that impact your business and inform larger online business decisions.
- Now advertisers using Google Ads can capture leads from YouTube. Here’s how.
Do Good Spotlight: 10,000 Degrees
If you had the opportunity to help students from low-income backgrounds get to and through college and be coached to make a positive impact on their communities and the world by graduating, would you? We had that opportunity, we took it, and we’re showcasing it here: 10,000 Degrees is awesome! You can join us in the winners’ circle by donating to this great cause too.
Well, that’s a wrap for this week, stay cool!