Other than the heat, would you know that it’s summer? We’re so busy here, the year is just whizzing by. How about for you?
Here’s your briefing from the DBE team this week:
- Do you have personas for your target customers and a corresponding customer journey map for each? This Search Engine Watch guide helps you see the value of incorporating these into your marketing strategy. These elements were covered in Marc Engelsman’s Digital Summit presentations last year and here are some links to some simple tools to get you started:
- Amazon is now giving live streamers a new way to earn commissions on purchases of products showcased in their streams as an add-on to their Amazon Influencer Program. Given some of the infamous influence marketing stories that leveraged other channels (can you say Fyre Festival?), we think you might want to use this new variation with caution.
- Should you be paying attention to Google’s E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness) search quality guidelines as part of your SEO strategy? Short answer is “It’s the UX, Bro” and the article uses some amusing memes to elaborate from there. Enjoy.
- From Moz, info on a new ranking factor Google announced for optimizers, “Core Web Vitals.” You’ll be hearing a lot about this algorithm change coming in 2021 and this white board from Moz is very helpful for getting your footing.
- According to this article in Search Engine Journal, TikTok’s fastest growing user base is between 25-44 years of age with high disposable income, representing the target for which media buyers tend to rely on Facebook. Here’s more on TikTok’s new self-serve ad platform, available globally.
Do Good Spotlight on: Meals on Wheels
Our seniors need our help now more than ever. Please consider donating to Meals on Wheels, dedicated to marshalling resources to bring healthy meals to shut-in seniors. We donated, won’t you join us?
We hope you liked this week’s issue. Please feel free to suggest articles for us to share and not-for-profits for us to support. Enjoy the rest of the week, stay strong!