So…how’s it going…? We hope you and your family, friends, and business associates are all staying healthy and finding ways to keep innovating in big ways and small to guide our world to better times ahead.
We’ve got a slightly longer issue this week because we’re not publishing What’s Hot Wednesday for Marketers next week. We’ll be back in your in-box again on July 8th.
For now, we’ve got a few stories for the digital marketer in you, and our Do Good Spotlight is on one of our new clients, Patients Rising. Check out the spotlight below for why we love what they do!
- Search Engine Watch posted this article on the “five content types” powering SEO. We won’t make you guess this time. The answers are: written word (aka text), visual, video, audio, and interactive. The article includes solid reminders on the importance of quality over quantity and the value of SEO integration with the rest of your digital marketing efforts.
- We don’t often delve into email marketing in this e-briefing, but this Marketing Land article caught our attention. It looks at the impact of email security programs on the validity of data performance metrics. It also prompts us to think about data integrity across all channels and reminds us to treat all data with a grain of salt. That’s why we always talk about data as “directional” and look for patterns over time, i.e., “the trend is your friend.”
- This RankRanger blog post on “The Difference Between Ranking Above & Below the Fold (a CTR Study)” is rather long and data-heavy so we’ll net it out for you here. No surprise that ranking above the fold (positions you immediately see on your screen, usually positions 1-5) in Google Search Results Pages leads to better CTRs than ranking below the fold. What is surprising is the drop-off in CTR below the fold is not as much as you would think (especially when not factoring the Top 1 and 2 positions). And then there is the idea of “user psychology” that also impacts CTR regardless of position. Here’s the link if you want to go deep.
- Want to understand Tik Tok’s “for you” algorithm better? Even if it’s not right for your brand, the more you know, the more you know, right? Here’s the story from Wired.
- Who’s winning the ad blocker vs ad tech contest? Here’s the latest from Search Engine Watch.
- We love data visualization, it makes things so much clearer. Here’s a story on some cool visuals for mobile UX.
Do Good Spotlight: Patients Rising
Patients Rising is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to providing support and education to people with chronic and life-threatening illnesses. They work with patients to advocate for access to the treatments, innovations, and care they need. Here’s where you can learn more and donate too.
Thanks for reading! Please tell us about not for profits you want us to feature! We’ll be back in your in-box on July 8th. Enjoy the time between now and then–and stay strong!