It’s been a bustle of activity in the world of marketing this past week. Let’s jump right in. Here’s What’s Hot:
- What’s RVC and how can it help you communicate with your stakeholders? Robert Weiss of MultiVisionDigital explains here and has a special offer for businesses that need video while traditional videographers cannot get to you, and vice versa.
- From the consummate networking guru Adam Connors, this post on how to stand out on Zoom and other video chat platforms.
- How about a listen? From eMarketer: Facebook intros a Zoom rival, what’s up with Quibi, and more.
- Is this social media pecking order in flux? Let us know what you think about this and thanks to Ruth Stevens for the share!
- MarketingCharts reported data, by industry, from CPC Benchmark data as compiled by SEMRush. It includes CPC comparisons between 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 with a mix of industries increasing in average CPCs and a majority decreasing in costs. Whether we are looking at SEMRush or WordStream data, it is always good to see that DBE’s clients’ CPCs typically trend much lower than the industry averages cited. Yes, you know we rock.
- ClickZ published this article from SAP’s president on why companies must connect X-data (experience data, such as belief, emotion, and sentiment) and O-data (operational data, such as the hard stats pushed out by HR, sales, and finance teams) to close the customer experience gap. And once you have your X’s and O’s aligned, it’ll be time to circle back to your marketing planning to cross the T’s and dot the I’s.
- According to TechCrunch, Zoom corrected its early April statement that it had 300M daily active users (a common industry metric) when in fact it had 300M daily “participants.” It’s a reminder marketers need to be careful with their nomenclature when presenting data, for example, differentiating “Users” from “Sessions” in Google Analytics.
Do Good Spotlight: Emily’s Smiles
In honor of their young daughter who died of an aggressive brain cancer, her parents founded Emily’s Smiles, a foundation that raises money to help children and their families fight brain cancer. This organization was brought to our attention by Barbara DiLisio of WickyDesign.com and we wanted to lend our support for this cause with a donation and our Do Good Spotlight this week. Learn more here.
Well, that’s a wrap. I hope the rest of your week is rewarding.
Stay well, stay strong, stay focused!