Our team’s thoughts and positive energies are with you, your family, and your business as we all work together to navigate the pandemic and its effects.
We’ll focus on some positives today to help you keep balanced. The situation is severe, no doubt, but it doesn’t need to be, nor should it be, all-consuming. Let’s put our focus on doing what we can to help those on the front lines while doing right by our communities. Let’s lead off with these positives:
Have you caught John Krasinski’s Good News?
Here are more stories about business owners and companies that have the right idea and are demonstrating leadership and humanity simultaneously:
- The #ShareASquare campaign by Cottenelle reminding folks there is no shortage if there is no hoarding and offering to donate $1 for every square shared social post.
- Miller Beer has a tip jar and we like it.
- This guy: shout out to Mario Salerno, owner of 18 apartment buildings, empath of the month: he didn’t want his hundreds of tenants stressing about the rent, so he waived it. Dude!
- Giving away secrets—in a good way—Medtronic freely shares design specs to any company that wants to use them to develop ventilators for hospitals.
Here’s a perspective piece from S3 Agency that we want to share.
Microsoft Ads recently published COVID-19 Insights & Trends blog with links to reports covering changes in search activity and behavior in vertical industry segments including automotive, health & wellness, retail, tech & telco and travel. The blog also includes a link to “7 SEM Strategies for Unprecedented Times.”
Here’s one for numbers fans: “How to Calculate Lifetime Value for Subscription Ecommerce.” If you don’t want to “geek out,” just remember that LTV attribution is important.
Think with Google’s latest podcast covers the role of machine learning in creative development including image creation. There’s also Avinash Kaushik’s take on letting smart algorithms find patterns for tailoring Google Ads to be more relevant to search intent. Or should we say more “responsive” to search intent?
Are you all about the Zoom? Here are some Zoom tips, most of which apply to your other fav video meeting tools too:
- This one was shared by our friend Michael Piperno of Imbue Creative and we’re re-sharing it ‘cause it’s that good.
Do Good Spotlight: “For Schools’ Sake” Campaign by GENYOUth
This suggestion came from Stacy Moyers at MMS Education about an organization they’re supporting, GENYOUth and an initiative they’ve started called “For Schools’ Sake,” GENYOUth is raising funds to support the feeding of children while they’re out of school due to the pandemic. So far, the organization has raised about $3 million. MMS supports GENYOUth with marketing technology. Schools can apply for grants of up to $3,000 to support children in their community. Very cool. You can learn more about GENYOUth and specifically how you can donate towards school meals during the crisis, just like we did!
Thanks for reading this e-briefing and being a part of the DBE community. Reach out if you need us, and remember, stay well and be strong—people are counting on you!