We’re all working to go forward to whatever normal becomes, and we at DBE applaud everyone who is doing their best to keep positive and help those around them. Please be kind and patient, we really have no idea what the person next to us is dealing with these days, no matter how pulled together they may appear.
- Speaking of appearing, are you getting Zoom fatigue? Yes, that’s a thing. Well-being experts say video chat meetings are more draining than regular face-to-face meetings. Want to know why? Here you go.
- You may have seen news Google is starting to implement an “advertiser identity verification” policy to giving “users transparency, choice and control when it comes to the ads they see on [their] platforms.” The announcement was made on their blog. DBE discussed this with our Google Rep and learned this policy is being rolled out over the course of several years and there is no set schedule for individual advertisers yet. Advertisers will be provided 30 days’ notice in their accounts to supply documentation including legal business name, address/location, and form of contact (website or phone number). Rest assured, DBE will monitor for notifications in our client accounts and will be able submit the identity verification information in the accounts (just like we do credit card information).
- McKinsey shares its survey results on retailers plans for the post-coronavirus recovery. 36% of respondents estimate it will take 6 months or more for traffic to rebound. But even then, expectations are e-commerce levels will continue to be above pre-pandemic levels and 33% said they are considering not reopening underperforming stores and pausing plans to open new stores. Another indication things aren’t going back to the old normal but are morphing into the new normal.
- Forbes has this heady piece based on new research from the neuroscience-marketing firm Neuro-Insight that addresses the impact of isolation on the consumer’s definitions of essential and indulgent purchases. This helps explain some of those memes we all saw about alcohol consumption in the early days of lockdown.
- If you’re a Google Ads customer you probably heard about Google’s plan to offer ads credits to benefit small to medium size businesses but weren’t clear on whether you qualify and when you might seeing the credits. Search Engine Land reported some more details earlier this week and DBE has confirmed the expected late May timing with our Google Partners rep. We’ll keep you informed as we hear more.
- And this from Search Engine Land: Google Shopping opens up to free product listings.
Do Good Spotlight: The Boys & Girls Club of Mercer County
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Mercer County’s Night of Shining Stars on May 13th is going virtual. It’s a free, 40-minute, live online event via Zoom celebrating the club, kids, and programs with:
- Vinnie Brand, comedian & owner of the Stress Factory Comedy Clubs
- Violeta Yas, NBC 10 meteorologist & BGC alum
- Joylette Hylick, NASA mathematician, author & daughter of “Hidden Figures” mathematician Katherine Johnson
Here’s a link to learn more.
That’s it for this week. Please stay safe, stay healthy, stay strong, and keep compassion and patience in the forefront. Thanks!