Our team shared these articles that we hope you agree are each worth the read, and don’t miss our Do Good Spotlight on the new emergency relief program from the Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia:
- Do you see obstacles as roadblocks or indications you’re on the right road? This Harvard Business Review article by Nathan Furr talks about just that, and other ways to navigate uncertainty. Timely, yes?
- Google’s pitching in to help businesses and not-for-profits. We like their style on this one.
- Look at Pinterest going all commerce-driving.
- AI AIn’t perfect. Vox’s Recode article points out some of the issues social platforms are having as they increase reliance on AI to moderate content due to staff limitations. It’s a reminder AI and machine learning can be great, but human oversight is still critical to reduce unwanted consequences.
- Digital Marketer’s “How to Participate in Video Conferencing Calls Without Looking Like a Fool” is a quick read with an infographic of good tips.
- In a related story, Behr and West Elm have designed virtual backgrounds for Zoom.
- Bruce Clay, a long-time SEOer, posted this commentary with the headline “It’s Not the Job of SEO to Make a Pig Fly.”. His post covers 2 of the 3 key SEO pillars according to DBE. Now a pop quiz: who knows what DBE defines as 3rd pillar of SEO success?
Do Good Spotlight: The Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia
Our friends at MCG Strategic let us know about a food donation program their client, The Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia, is running to feed the hungry.100% of the proceeds for their Emergency Relief Fund go to those in need. Here’s the main website and to donate to this relief fund click here. We donated and hope you can too.
As I wrap this up, I want to ask you to please be patient with yourself, and patient with others. Everyone is dealing with this pandemic in real time, for the first time. We all need to learn, share, seek resolution, and find ways to keep this from happening again. For now, patience is in high demand—and highly valued.
Stay well, be strong.