I hope you’re hanging in there through all the turmoil. Let’s focus on the long-term to help ride this out together:
- Ooooh! Google has a podcast It focuses on the future of marketing. Listen via your favorite podcast resource. Here’s their synopsis of Episode #1: “Diversity matters to your bottom line. And now, machine learning is being used to prove just that. In this episode, we hear from the Geena Davis Institute about its collaboration with Google and USC to develop machine learning technology to analyze film and television for gender parity. We then talk with Google Chief Marketing Officer Lorraine Twohill about how Google develops its own practices around diversity, equity, and inclusion.” If you listen, share your opinion with us—is this a good podcast for you to subscribe to, or do you need to hear more than the first one to commit?
- Interested in how Amazon’s product ranking algorithm works? Here’s a beginners guide via Search Engine Land.
- Pop quiz: What’s a fleet? Need context? Twitter. Need more? Read about fleets here.
- Are you or anyone in your company concerned your emails aren’t being carefully read? This New York Times story talks about what you can do to fix that (hint, it’s not burying Easter eggs in your emails).
- What are 3 trends poised to make a difference to e-commerce marketers, and how may they affect you–even if you’re not marketing through e-com? This short piece from Inc. has some answers.
- Experimental journalism: BuzzFeed is testing feeding stories to readers via text. The topic? Corona Virus. It’s an interesting way to innovate. Let us know what you think if you sign up for it. And speaking of COVID-19 (isn’t everyone?), here’s how you can help…
Do Good Spotlight: The Center for Disaster Philanthropy
Found this on Charity Navigator: “Interested in funding response and recovery efforts for those affected and for responders? The Center for Disaster Philanthropy, a charity that has earned a 4-star Charity Navigator rating and is also a trusted philanthropic partner of Google, has a COVID-19 Response Fund. This fund allows donors to give now to support preparedness, containment, response and recovery activities.” We donated this week, perhaps you can donate too…
Our suggestion is keep your energy up, and help where you can. It’s tough right now but we’ll get through it if we work together.