How’s 2020 treating you so far? At DBE, we’re hearing a lot of positivity among clients about their opportunities and plans for increasing their ability to leverage the incoming data and info to better map their marketing initiatives and expectations.
We’re trying something a little different with this week’s e-briefing: a special offer for our readers from KettleSpace. What’s KettleSpace? Read on to learn more…
- Whatever happened to those Facebook ads on WhatsApp? If that was keeping you up at night (was it really?) you can relax. According to The Wall Street Journal, quoted in this article from Media Post, Facebook has backed off of that program completely.
- Still wondering if podcasts are good for promoting your products and services? This story from eMarketer shares these stats (and more):
- A September 2019 survey by CivicScience reports that “nearly one-third of US podcast listeners tune in daily, and a similar figure listen weekly. But the study also found a difference in purchasing patterns between the two groups. Thirty percent of daily listeners ages 13 and older said they had purchased an item after hearing a sponsored ad for it. One in five weekly listeners reported the same.”
- Have you thought about writing a book as a pathway to promoting your business or brand? There are some very good services out there, from Advantage Media that leverages a partnership with Forbes to a system called Editing for Authors that helps those with foundational content go from rough draft (or earlier) through to printed and digital books. Editing for Authors has worked with start-ups and established businesses to create books that are available either as private-distribution titles or sold throughout its network of global distributors, including Amazon and Ingram (the world’s largest independent book distributor). Having a book lends credibility to your expertise and provides storytelling opportunities for you and your brand. You may want to consider this additional pathway for your business…
Do Good Spotlight: American Cancer Society
Cancer affects pretty much everyone, if not directly, then indirectly. We recently took a fresh look at the wealth of info and resources provided by the American Cancer Society and then we donated to them as a thank you for all they are doing to eradicate cancer and help people work through it when it affects them and their loved ones.
- Visiting NYC on business? Doing a lot of work in the city but not enough to rent an office? Well, there’s a great solution for you with KettleSpace. This innovative company is about 3.5 years old and they have worked deals with numerous restaurants, event centers, and other businesses to make space available for people who need a place to work (wi-fi, food, not feeling rushed by table turnover needs) while in the city. And here’s a special offer for our readers from KettleSpace:
Do you have ideas you’d like to see shared here next week? Thoughts on charities to spotlight? Please let us know how we can make What’s Hot Wednesday for Marketers more valuable to you.
Thanks and have a great rest of the week!