Jumping right into it this week. We’ve got five stories to warm your marketing-loving heart and our Do Good Spotlight is on Meals on Wheels.
- Ruth Stevens, one of our favorite B2B marketing gurus, has released her list of the B2B marketers she found most fascinating in 2019.
- Similar to Google’s knowledge panel, Bing is now beta testing Bing Pages. A Bing Page is a tool for brands and individuals to better manage their websites and social profiles’ presence in Bing search results. More about what this means for you and your brands here.
Do Good Spotlight: Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels operates in virtually every community in America through its network of more than 5,000 independently-run local programs. While the diversity of each program’s services and operations may vary based on the needs and resources of their communities, they are all committed to supporting their senior neighbors to live healthier and more nourished lives in their own homes. The statistics for how isolation and loneliness are affecting our older Americans are staggering. Please take the time to learn more about the growing issue of hungry older people and consider donating like we did.
- This Search Engine Land article discusses “intent research vs. keyword research” for SEO. At DBE, we’ve always looked at keyword research in context of intent, but the discussion is a good reminder of the importance of optimizing content and user experience to create relevancy for and engagement with the searcher.
- Marketing Charts says an average of 45% of consumers cut their spending with companies after having a bad experience and lists the percent of customers reporting a bad experience by industry. Can you guess which industry is the worst?
- IBM announced a new predictive ad solution at CES this year that leverages Watson’s AI to determine which creative elements will deliver the best engagement for specific audiences. Digital media planners have been leveraging AI/Machine Learning for a while now but wonder what creative directors will have to say about this?
That’s it for this week. Enjoy the rest of it!