Because this is the last What’s Hot Wednesday for Digital Marketers for 2019, our briefing is a little less brief so we can share more of the key topics we’re talking about here at DBE as 2019 draws to a close. And our Do Good Spotlight is on The Passage Theatre of Trenton, NJ.
Here’s your briefing:
- If you’re curious about Google’s new lead-form ads, know that we were too. So we explored and developed this Point of View (POV) for you. This new option makes it easier to get prospects to interact with your brand without having to click to and around your website. More streamlined lead generation option, but not right for every brand. Here’s our POV, and please reach out if you’d like to discuss if it’s right for your marketing program.
- Can you advertise on TikTok? Why yes, you can. It’s still early on, so if you’ve got the audience (66% of TikTok’s users are under 30), now’s the time to explore. If you’re ready to take the plunge, we’re right there with you, let’s talk!
- Google My Business is becoming increasing important to manage your business’ reputation perception. Now Google has been spotted adding carousel views to reviews in Google My Business listings. So far, the focus is on showcasing positive reviews. Here’s more from Search Engine Land.
- Is it time to stop using last-click attribution? This “pro-tip” article from Search Engine Land says “Yes!” The article points out that rarely do we make purchases based on a single click, and points out options in Google Analytics for using different conversion attribution models. We’ve been talking a lot about this at DBE.
Do Good Spotlight: Passage Theater
Supporting the arts continues to be a key value for Digital Brand Expressions. And supporting the arts in areas where they bring added value to the surrounding communities is even more special. That’s why this week we donated to The Passage Theatre of Trenton with a shout out to Pat Rodeawald and the rest of the Passage Theater board for their relentless work to bring great theater to downtown Trenton. This weekend’s performance of David Sedaris’ Santaland Diaries was a great way to laugh into full holiday spirit. We donated to the theater and you can too.
- Marketing Charts shares the differences between “Leaders” and “Laggards” in terms of B2B customer experience best practices in this article. Leaders are far more likely to leverage feedback from their employees to make improvements. We think this is likely true with B2C companies, too. Reminder, Marketing Charts provides lots of great visuals that will help your internal presentations too.
- According to this MediaPost story by Gavin O’Malley: “Thanks to its growing popularity among brands, Instagram Stories now accounts for approximately 10% of all advertising revenue for Facebook, according to Socialbakers’ calculations.”
- This Forbes Editors Pick talks about how social activism has gone mainstream and its implications for brand CMOs as one third of social actions were related to a company. It includes some interesting data on the most active activists and the issues that have the most attention on them now.
Thank you for being a part of the DBE experience. We wish you, your family, and all you hold dear a wonderful holiday season and a magnificent 2020! See you next year!