Soon we’ll be writing “2020” on everything. Won’t that be fun? For now, we’ve got the first of our last two What’s Hot Wednesday’s for 2019 (no issue on 12/25) to share with you:
- Speaking of 2020, Google Chrome won’t support Flash after 2020 is over. Here’s the link. That is all (cue hand wave from Devil Wears Prada.)
- This blog post from Vertical Leap reinforces why marketers need to be looking at SEO and PPC as one integrated multi-channel strategy. Although we at DBE would say you should be looking at all digital channels (including organic and paid social for example) as one integrated multi-channel strategy.
- George Anders, Senior Editor at LinkedIn, did a fun post on the hits and misses from their predictions in 2018 for 2019. It’s a fun read, lots of links to featured info, and interesting in what they got right and got wrong. I wasn’t surprised about the western world not being ready for insects, I must say. There are other surprises though.
- Whoa! “’A staggering 90% of the content in existence today has been created within the last two years, yet 91% of content gets no traffic from Google,’ said John Shehata, vice president of audience development strategy for Conde Nast, at SMX Eastin New York.” Oh, there’s more…here you go. Work that ever green content!
Do Good Spotlight: Polaris
Do you know how human trafficking has become so successful? Did you know it’s more lucrative for organized crime than drugs? This article, shared by friend of DBE Jeanne Grunert, does an excellent job of helping us see what to look for, how to protect children and teens, and how to report suspicious activity. It also points to a not for profit we really believe in: Polaris, which helps victims of human trafficking re-enter normal life and heal. It also does a lot to educate the rest of us on how prevalent this problem is and how to see the signs because, frankly, this problem is all around us. Here’s a link to Polaris, which is also in the article.
- This article shares insights from a Harvard study on how successful people make small talk. It’s vital for us business networkers and also just in time for all those holiday social gatherings. Shout out to Rod Hughes for sharing this one.
- Think with Google published its 10 most-read articles of 2019 list. Stories on SEO, storytelling/storyselling, video ads engagement, and three steps to becoming better at measuring data that matters.
Yes, this was a long briefing, but good stuff, right? Reach out if you’d like to talk about any of these stories or the great work Polaris is doing and what you and your organization can do to combat human trafficking. And enjoy the rest of the week!