We’re well into September—how’s it going for you? We’re good here but concerned about all the people affected by Hurricane Dorian.
With all the devastation in the Bahamas and on our shores from Hurricane Dorian, we thought our donation for this week should go to the America Red Cross. Here’s a link to the Dorian support page if you would like to donate too.
Stories That Have Us Thinking This Week:
- Really super survey results from Rand Fishkin’s company, SparkToro, on Google natural search ranking factors based on the opinions of 1,500 SEO pros. DBE is pretty aligned with the first two charts and we’re with Rand on his end of article assessment. We love this stuff so if you want to talk about this, please reach out.
- This article from Marketing Land shows a difference between the sentiment customers express in digital environments versus that in real-world conversations (i.e., social listening isn’t necessarily the full story).
- And this one from Search Engine Land talks about how Google is experimenting with bringing searchers directly to highlighted content on a webpage that is relevant to their search.
- Would you think that personalization would lead to more personal data sharing? We did too! But this research from Marketing Chartssays the opposite is true. People are less likely to share more of their personal data just to get a more personalized experience. Good insights, good charts.
- How important is a logo? Doritos is taking some chances.
I hope this briefing provided you some new thoughts and insights. Have a great rest of the week and again, if anything sparks questions you want to explore, please reach out.